Friday, July 13, 2012

Input Needed.....BIG decision to make! :)

Okay Ladies (and gentlemen, I guess)! I have a BIG decison to make and I would like to hear y'all's input. :) I am getting ready to go back to school for my Master's Degree....the only problem is I am not exactly sure what I should get it in. I have my Bachelor's in Elementary Education. Should I get my Master's in the same thing or would it be more beneficial to me (now that I am teaching kindergarten and plan to stay with the lower grades) to get my Master's in Early Childhood? I am leaning more towards Early Childhood, but I'm not sure which would help me more. What are your thoughts? I would love to hear 'em! Thanks in advance for your help. :)

8 comments:

  1. I have my Masters in reading, so I can't say much about Early Childhood. It's all worth it though. That I can say. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Early Childhood Defiantly, in MI it's hard to find a lower el job without the endorsement.

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually getting my master's now in elementary Ed. I teach K as well, and fingers crossed, will always stay in K. I think you just need to look at all your options but it's definitely worth it no matter which you choose.


    Nicki
    Mrsthigpenskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got mine in Curriculum and Instruction because I want to be an instructional coach at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you plan to stay in K or lower grades, I am EC all the way =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue Skies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your input! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and own experiences. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would go with Early Childhood. I know in my district it is getting to where you are less likely to be hired for a kdg position without EC degree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jada! I know I'm a little late on this post, but I thought I'd just chime in! I have my BS in Early Childhood and Elementary, my Master's in Elementary, and I just completed my Ed.S in Elementary. In looking at my certificates, the Elementary programs certified me for K-6. So I think you are safe either way. I think the Early Childhood would also provide training, in pre-school, and even younger. I hope that helps!

    Angela
    The Daily Alphabet

    ReplyDelete