Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Decimals and Spring/Easter Pack

This week we have been working on decimals. Decimal place value, ordering decimals, converting decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals. This is actually the second time that we have talked about decimals this year, so part (place value and ordering) is a review. I like to go back and look at things that we had covered closer to the beginning of the year so that it is fresh on the kids' minds for testing. They have actually done pretty well with the concept of converting decimals to fractions and vice versa. For some reason, this topic has been easier for me to teach this year. I have felt like I was communicating the concept to the children in a way that was  really clicking with them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE when that happens! =)

I have also been working on a Spring/Easter Activity Pack. So far I have:
2 Making Words Activities
2 Word Searches
1 Word Scramble
1 Descriptive Writing Prompt with illustration extension
1 Sequential Order Writing Prompt with illustration extension

I plan on working up some type of craft activity tomorrow to add to it, but I was wondering if y'all had any suggestions for things that I could add to the pack. Anything you would like to see? I am up for trying anything, so please if you have any suggestions please let me know! I hope to have this packet in my TPT store by the end of the week and also I will post a FREEBIE from the packet here. Hope you all have a GREAT Hump Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment